Monday, July 26, 2010

Because Sometimes We Need a Little Help From Grandma

Today is the Feast of St. Anne & Joaquim, the parents of Mary. We have a shrine to St. Anne here in Fall River that was a place of many miracles and healings. As far back as I can remember, we attended the Feast Mass since it was a popular French-Canadian devotion in this area. My mother would usually take me and go with my aunts.

I took 2 of my children tonight, and although it's nowhere near as grand as when thousands came by the bus-load, we still followed the procession with the statue, venerated the relic, and lit candles. It makes me feel good to pass on this devotion to my children. I can only pray that more people will continue and keep it going into the next generation.


Remember O Saint Anne, thou whose name signifies grace and mercy, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help and sought thy intercession, was left unaided.Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, good and kind mother; before thee, I kneel sinful and sorrowing.O holy mother of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, despise not my petitions, but hear me and answer my prayer. Amen


Good St. Anne, pray for us.




http://www.stanneshrine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment