Thursday, July 21, 2011

Faith Like A Child

My almost nine year old daughter is writing a book about Catholic Apologetics?

It's true. In her own words it's "something I've wanted to do for a long time." Yeah, probably since she was seven.

She's quite evangelist going so far as to write a letter to President Obama suggesting he follow the Commandments, go to Confession, and become Catholic. If only it were that easy.
Thankfully the Secret Service didn't come to my door but I'm probably on some kind of "subversive list."

It's no wonder that Jesus tells us to be "like little children" and why Our Blessed Mother seldom appears to adults. When our faith is pure and unbiased by the culture, it is easily expressed. My children have no problem praying in public or talking about their faith. Besides Sonja, six year old Joshua has no issue with calling someone out for leaving after Communion. (He has no filter and we're working on him.) I'm sure the teenage years will be more challenging, but I will enjoy it for now.

If only I was as comfortable proclaiming the simple truths of the faith to people. For now I'll just keep writing on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment